IBM Personalized Index Calculator
Help / Information
The Calculator is completely free, completely confidential, and we will never save or share any of the information you type into it. In order to view your personal graphs please use the entries on the top navigation bar:
- Mobility - Displayed are the results of a functional rating scale (from 0 to 40) based on the results of the Yale Survey. The graph compares all of the patients with Inclusion Body Myositis in the Yale Survey () to YOU () based on the answers provided to the 13 mobility & functional questions. The age of each person is represented across the horizontal axis and their overall mobility index score is represented vertically. If you move your cursor over each dot or star, it will display the age and scale rating (age, scale). Individuals with the greatest overall difficulty in mobility and function will have lower overall mobility index scores (closer to 0). Those with the fewest difficulties in mobility and function will have higher overall mobility index scores (closer to 40).
- Overview - When you click here, you will see how your overall functional ability-mobility, energy, mood (in ORANGE) compares to that of others (in BLUE) at a similar stage of disease progression.
- Detail - When you click here, you will see how your ability to complete specific tasks and activities (in ORANGE) compares to that of others (in BLUE) at a similar stage of disease progression
- Change Your Answers - You may go back and change any one or more of your answers without having to start from the beginning. When you have made all the changes you wish, click on "Continue" to see your results.
- Sign Up - If you like what you see and would like to help us keep our survey information as up-to-date as possible, please use the Sign Up button to JOIN THE REGISTRY. Registration is free and completely optional. By joining, you will help us to communicate with you about opportunities to participate in new scientific studies, to provide you with updates to the services on our study website, and to send you regular reminders to update our registry with the latest information about your disease progress and quality of life.
Background and Purpose:
The IBM Personalized Index Calculator is an online calculator designed to show how your mobility index compares with that of other Inclusion Body Myositis patient with similar profile. The IBM Personalized Index Calculator is not intended in any way to be medical advice and should not be construed as such.
You will be asked to enter answers, or to select answers from multiple choices, 19 to 21 questions. The questionnaire generally takes less than 5 minutes to complete. Your responses will then be used to calculate a "snapshot index" of your mobility and to provide you with a set of personalized graphs that illustrate how your mobility compares to national averages among others IBM patients with similar profile.
Your answers to all questions are anonymous. No information will be permanently stored anywhere. You will not be asked to provide any identifying information such as your name, address or IP address. Information you provide cannot be used to personally identify you in any way.
Your electronic consent below will denote your authorization and agreement to use the IBM Personalized Index Calculator.
Check on the "agree" checkbox below indicates that:
- you have read the above information
- you voluntarily agree to participate